What is your life plan?
I came across a wonderful worksheet on the internet and decided to create my own version of a simple yet effective life plan.
WHY SHOULD YOU CREATE A MISSION STATEMENT?
- It helps clarify your values and priorities in life
- It gives your broad vision clarity and focus
- It allows you to forgive yourself by forcing you to admit your weaknesses AND your strengths
WHEN CREATING YOUR MISSION STATEMENT, ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS HONESTLY:
- What are my biggest priorities in life? Family? Relationships? Work? Health?
- Why are these things important to me? What are the consequences if I don’t put the right value on these things?
- How do my strengths balance out my weaknesses? How can I improve on my weaknesses that negatively impact my priorities and values?
- Who is important to me in life, and why are they important? How can I prevent myself from falling into the trap of focusing too much on what other people think of me?
- What is keeping me from loving myself as much as I deserve to be loved?
Here is the template below
My Life Mission
I beleive in living a —————,————-and ————- life. The road maybe ————–, and the future————-, but I will not sit by and————–.
I admit that I am not ————–. I am ————. I am not ————or ————. I am ————- and ————– and ————-. And that’s ok.
I want the people in my life, those who matter, to see a ————.
————- and ————, person. I want them to see ————- and ———– and a ————- heart. I need to be ok with the fact not everyone will see these things in me. I need to be ok with the fact I am not perfect, but the best I can do is to try.
I want to live ————. I want to live and love and just be ———-. I want to truly ————-, and stand by it without being ————. I want to discover the ———— and ———– that I love, and truly love them.
But beyond all of this, I want to love myself ————.
I need to love myself, for everything I am, before I can love anything else.
By doing this simple and effective exercise, you will have clarity on your life values. Values are important as they shape who we are and how we bring up our children.
Your values are the things that you believe are important in the way you live and work. They (should) determine your priorities, and, deep down, they’re probably the measures you use to tell if your life is turning out the way you want it to.
When the things that you do and the way you behave match your values, life is usually good – you’re satisfied and content. But when these don’t align with your personal values, that’s when things feel… wrong. This can be a real source of unhappiness.
This is why making a conscious effort to identify your values is so important.
if you would like a copy of the life mission statement, please fill out the contact form below and I will be pleased to send you a copy.
follow me on Facebook and join my group today click here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lifecoachingwithhayley/