Dreaming for success or are you simply dreaming your life away? I must admit that I used to dream my life away, pointless dreams and some dreams id barely remember. I didn’t really take much notice of what I had dreamt about until recently, then everything changed!
What if I told you that you are the creator of your thoughts? Your thoughts create feeling and therefore effect the way you react to everything. How about changing your state or way of thinking before you sleep? You can make a huge impact on the way you sleep by influencing your own dreams.
So what is a dream exactly?
Dreams are the stories our brains tell while we’re sleeping—they’re a collection of clips, images, feelings, and memories that involuntarily occur during the REM (rapid eye movement) stage of slumber. We typically have multiple dreams per night that grow longer as sleep draws to a close. It’s hypothesized that everyone dreams, but a small subsection of the population reports that they never remember experiencing dreams—causing some researchers to wonder if certain people lack the capacity to dream at all.
Many people have trouble sleeping because of what is going on in their daily lives. Stress plays a big impact on the lack of sleep. Its no wonder that a third of the population are suffering from insomnia which is effecting their health. Lack of sleep contributes to mental health and relationship issues.
The question is how do we improve our sleep and influence our dreams? Good question I thought! From my own experiences I have found having a night time routine a god send.
10 tips to build a better bedtime routine
- Give yourself time to decompress from your day.
- But don’t wind down with your gadgets.
- Eat a light, pre-bedtime snack (if you’re hungry) .
- Take a warm bath two to three hours before bed.
- Don’t get into bed until right before it’s time to sleep.
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
- Journal your daily thoughts and always end the thoughts positive. Ie, your wins from the day.
- Light a candle. Aromatherapy based, organic and soy if you can at least 1 hour before bed. The natural aroma from the candle can help calm, sooth and relax you before bed. Especially lavender, Camille, Jasmine and vanilla musk amongst other scents.
- Reduce stimulants such as caffeine, smoking and alcohol or anything sugary.
- Make sure you are fully relaxed.
How to influence your dreams
- Think about what you want to dream about ahead of time. You can have profound control over your dreams by mentally preparing before bed. Visualise exactly what you want to achieve from the day ahead. What can you see? What can you hear? How would you like to feel?
- Practice a nighttime meditation, if you need one, then shout and ill record one for you.
- Remind yourself you want to influence your dream before bed. Write down any positive thoughts and anything that will give you inspiration.
- Get enough sleep. Between 7 and 8 hours is enough.
- Practice gratitude just before you drift off.
Dreaming happens when we get into the REM state. REM sleep is revealed by continuous movements of the eyes during sleep. At times, dreams may occur during other stages of sleep. However, these dreams tend to be much less vivid or memorable. The length of a dream can vary; they may last for a few seconds, or approximately 20–30 minutes.
Id love to know if you are going to try any of the suggestions in todays blog and please let me know if your sleep improved, followed by good dreams. Honestly id rather be dreaming of a happy healthy future, than dreaming of constant worries that we face on a day to day basis. Now I am not saying that the methods I have suggested about visualising work for everyone, because it doesn’t. Some of you may like to listen to music and meditate before sleep and that is all great. What ever you do, try what works and let me know if your sleeping and future starts improving.
Researchers now believe that dreams help us process emotions, consolidate memories, and more.
The Health Benefits of Dreams. Researchers now believe that dreams help us process emotions, consolidate memories, and more. Other times the meaning of dreams is less clear. That doesn’t mean the dream isn’t important to our well-being.
Dreams also help in aiming for bigger goals. Dreaming for big goals are very important and they can even be dreams that change the course of your entire life. It decides your occupation and your inner desires. They motivate, inspire, improve and help you in achieving any goal that you want to achieve.
On that note, happy dreaming and keep me posted on any improvements in any area of your life.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Dream well and if you would like to follow me on facebook click here Facebook Page
Join my Free coaching group here Facebook Coaching Group
Or fill in the contact form below if you would like to contact me.